Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm back

Going to try another crack at this. Became too reliant on facebook to get out information but facebook has no heart. Sorry facebook but your like most of our news today quick and efficient look into our friends lives.

Still doing the movie thing. Though the job market has been tough and still trying to really get out there to new places that has been discouraging at times. My only luck it seems is being brought on by projects with people i already have worked with. Which is good because that means I am doing something right. Though it is hard constantly applying on craigslist/mandy/entertainment jobs/below the line/ and now LA 411 and not getting jobs from it. I have built an ok resume on some interesting projects. Recently finished a indie feature about a girl has amnesia after a wreck killing her father starts getting paranoid the rest of her family is out to get her. It has been like most projects out here for me small crews bonding together to make a fun little film.

The biggest film I have worked on is - Five Star Day starring Cam Gigadnet (Twilight), Jena Malone (Saved!, Ruins) and other great actors in an indie film about a college student looking into the lives of others born at the same hospital and same day as himself. It was the longest shoot I was on and the most tiring. We were at many locations and had a larger production team with a production trailer/actor trailer/few other key vehicles. I was the only PA to last for the entire project and had a couple of small blunders but I believe I rose to the occasion for a great experience.

I am looking forward to a couple of more projects this summer already booked and hope to add a couple of more. Turned down one project this month which would have conflicted with a future project but was only going to be shot on the weekends and I missed going to the Vine which has become my church. Search online for The Vine at Shepherd of the Hills and I hope you are blessed with some amazing sermons. Their also great pictures on our Facebook fan site. My friends at the Vine have become my rock out here and keep reminding me that my life with Christ is so much more than working on filmsets. So I try to enjoy each service the best I can because each project seems to be shot on Sunday.

I still havent seen one film that I have worked on out here yet. Even the short that was shown at the 168 hour film festival "Apples to Ashes". Need to get on that one.

2 comments:

Penjammin said...

Apples to ashes.... that sounds intriguing is that a reference to the apples of Sodom? An American Dream-9/11 reference? Great to hear from you again.

Sean said...

its a short about a man who kidnaps a girl who is pregnant done for a christian movie festival