Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summer Films.

I have already seen 2 of the summer big films and looking to a few more.
Terminator:Salvation, Transformers 2, Public Enemies, and Harry Potter. Maybe GI Joe. Funny People might also being worth seeing in theaters.

I dont see many other great comedies or dramas worth seeing this summer. Last year we had Get Smart. I dont think any of these films will be a Dark Knight or if any will be best of their series. I have doubts about all of them. I know terminator will have a great action but it cant be 90 plus minutes of straight action so will rest of the movie be good enough. That what was so good abut Terminator Judgement Day it had a great story supported by good action. I just hope this is has great action supported by a good story.

Transformers 2 seems good on trailers but no mention of the fallen in the trailer. I have my doubts it will have its a funny moments that were such a wonderful joy in the first one. I dont know if this new harry potter film will have the same weight as the previous installmentt that showed this was more than a movie about teens or wizardry. I was bummed by the pg rating more so than I am by the pg13 on Terminator .

Public Enemies a movie about Dillinger, which I was working on a screenplay for before I found out this project could have gone in de velopment. It has Michael Mann directing again and it stars Depp and Christian Bale. Bale who had the biggest film last summer has 2 big films this summer (though I hear he is a jerk). This looks like a great film but looks too big for the Oscars. Havent seen any oscar movies yet this year. Though I hear the Solist is worth taking a look at. Enjoy the summer at the theaters. Dont bootleg them or watch cheap versions online.

No comments: