Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wolverine

Wolverine-

I have been a fan of xmen since the 92' cartoon, read some graphic novels, and enjoyed the previous movies. So I was really looking forward to seeing this film. One this is a great film about Wolverine. I gave it a 9/10 which was a little generous might go to 8 when I see it agian when on dvd. The acting of the 3 main characters was great (Wolverine, Victor-sabertooth, Col Stryker). The other characters seemed lacking in acting and were there only to support in some small manner wolverine which is fine. I loved the action of course especially the ending fight scene. The setting and action of it was breathtaking. They did take one huge creative blunderin of giving Deadpool one too many powers which bugged me. Some of the action had bad CGI which stood out for me and some action had too many hero shots. Like the long shot of Wolverine walking out of the flames.

Another thing I enjoyed about the film which has always been true for Wolverine is the battle for stillness or animalistic brutality. Their were quiet moments spread out throughout the film between his gf (who has an interesting arc), to the old couple who brought him in (Hudson's which means no alpha flight story), and a couple of other key quiet moments. I enjoyed the movie but just didnt wow me over like I thought it would.

No comments: